We are currently seeking to appoint 2-3 experienced, talented and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees and help the charity achieve its objectives. In particular we are seeking people who bring strong governance skills and experience of senior leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Charity strategic management
- Working with disadvantaged young people
- Local government/statutory sector
- Financial management
In addition, we are looking for Trustees who:
- demonstrate an interest and commitment to the work, values and vision of Step Together;
- are clear thinkers and good communicators;
- understand and are willing to enforce the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
- are willing and able to devote the necessary time to the role;
- are willing to provide advice to the Chief Executive or other Board members on an ad hoc basis, according to their expertise;
- have a strong commitment to improving the lives of excluded and disadvantaged people in our society.
We are particularly keen to attract candidates from diverse backgrounds as we seek to ensure the composition of the Board reflects the diversity in the clients we work with.
The Board meets four times a year. Trustee roles are for an initial three year term and are unpaid but reasonable expenses can be claimed.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Chair of Board, Roger Donbavand, for an initial discussion on [email protected]