We are looking for a dynamic, creative and forward-thinking Chief Executive to steer a charity which really does change people’s lives. After a period of consolidation, we are looking for a Chief Executive with the vision and flair to take the charity to the next stage of its development.
The successful individual will have experience of working strategically in a leadership role with evidence of an entrepreneurial mind-set and a positive ‘can do’ attitude to work. At Step Together, we aim to improve opportunities for those facing social exclusion, especially those with complex needs.
You will be the public face of this dynamic organisation and will set the strategic direction for the organisation. You will have excellent people skills, strong charity sector experience and a good understanding of volunteering among those with complex needs. You will have experience of fundraising, managing teams and budgets.
Based in Bristol with excellent, road, rail and bus links, plus parking
To apply, please send your CV, and a supporting statement of no more than 500 words, explaining your suitability and why you feel you can make a difference to [email protected]. Please see the job description and job pack at the bottom of this webpage for full details.
Closing date: 20th June at 5pm. Interviews to be held on 9th and 10th July in Bristol.
Step Together is an equal opportunities employer.
We are currently seeking to appoint 2-3 experienced, talented and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees and help the charity achieve its objectives. In particular we are seeking people who bring strong governance skills and experience of senior leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Charity strategic management
- Working with disadvantaged young people
- Local government/statutory sector
- Financial management
In addition, we are looking for Trustees who:
- demonstrate an interest and commitment to the work, values and vision of Step Together;
- are clear thinkers and good communicators;
- understand and are willing to enforce the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
- are willing and able to devote the necessary time to the role;
- are willing to provide advice to the Chief Executive or other Board members on an ad hoc basis, according to their expertise;
- have a strong commitment to improving the lives of excluded and disadvantaged people in our society.
We are particularly keen to attract candidates from diverse backgrounds as we seek to ensure the composition of the Board reflects the diversity in the clients we work with.
The Board meets four times a year. Trustee roles are for an initial three year term and are unpaid but reasonable expenses can be claimed.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Chair of Board, Roger Donbavand, for an initial discussion on [email protected]