Are you seeking to volunteer? Do you want to give something back, whilst developing your skills and meeting new people?
Volunteering with Step Together
Step Together has volunteers, both in our Head Office in Bristol, and also providing support to our programme teams across the UK – if you would like to find out more, please email [email protected], or see our current vacancies below.
Our volunteering opportunities are flexible, so you could do a combination of roles or parts of one. We will support you to volunteer in a way that suits you.
We are currently seeking to appoint 2-3 experienced, talented and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees and help the charity achieve its objectives. In particular we are seeking people who bring strong governance skills and experience of senior leadership in one or more of the following areas:
Charity strategic management
Working with disadvantaged young people
Local government/statutory sector Financial management
In addition, we are looking for Trustees who:
demonstrate an interest and commitment to the work, values and vision of Step Together;
are clear thinkers and good communicators;
understand and are willing to enforce the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
are willing and able to devote the necessary time to the role;
are willing to provide advice to the Chief Executive or other Board members on an ad hoc basis, according to their expertise;
have a strong commitment to improving the lives of excluded and disadvantaged people in our society.
We are particularly keen to attract candidates from diverse backgrounds as we seek to ensure the composition of the Board reflects the diversity in the clients we work with.
The Board meets four times a year. Trustee roles are for an initial three year term and are unpaid but reasonable expenses can be claimed.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Chair of Board, Roger Donbavand, for an initial discussion on [email protected]
Volunteering in your community
Whilst we only have a few positions available, there are thousands of organisations across the UK who are seeking volunteers. Regardless of your age, background or skills, there is a volunteer position out there for you. Here are some options to help you find the right opportunity:
- Visit your local Volunteer Centre. Volunteer Centres can provide information on current opportunities in your local community. Click on the link to find a centre close to you.
- Do-It have a wide range of opportunities across the UK.
- vinspired is the UK's leading volunteering charity for 14 - 25 year olds. You can search for roles on their website.
- Try searching on social media. Many organisations will advertise their volunteering vacancies on their Facebook and Twitter channels.
- If you are a student, then visit your student union for help and advice on finding suitable volunteer roles.