Are you seeking to volunteer? Do you want to give something back, whilst developing your skills and meeting new people?
Volunteering with Step Together
Step Together has volunteers, both in our Head Office in Bristol, and also providing support to our programme teams across the UK – if you would like to find out more, please email [email protected], or see our current vacancies below.
Our volunteering opportunities are flexible, so you could do a combination of roles or parts of one. We will support you to volunteer in a way that suits you.
Sorry, we do not have any volunteering vacancies at the moment. We will be looking to offer the following opportunities again in 2019:
Volunteer Ambassador - helping to promote Step Together’s programme(s) in your local area/community by attending events and/or visiting local groups, societies or advice agencies
Volunteer Buddy - providing additional one-to-one support to individuals to help them into volunteering.
Volunteer Researcher - helping to research appropriate volunteering opportunities in your local area/community, through online research and/or visiting organisations offering volunteering opportunities.
These opportunities will be on the following programmes:
- Reducing re-offending – Manchester, London, Dorset
- Supporting young people – Manchester, Bristol, Dumfries & Galloway
- Supporting wounded, injured and sick service personnel & veterans – Nationwide, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator
For all of the above roles, the volunteering activity could take anything from a couple of hours up to a day at a time, depending on your availability and/or the availability of the client. You don't need any specific experience or skills to volunteer. We will provide the training and support you'll need for the role.
To find out more, or ask any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator (telephone: 0117 955 9042 or email: [email protected]).
Volunteering in your community
Whilst we only have a few positions available, there are thousands of organisations across the UK who are seeking volunteers. Regardless of your age, background or skills, there is a volunteer position out there for you. Here are some options to help you find the right opportunity:
- Visit your local Volunteer Centre. Volunteer Centres can provide information on current opportunities in your local community. Click on the link to find a centre close to you.
- Do-It have a wide range of opportunities across the UK.
- vinspired is the UK's leading volunteering charity for 14 - 25 year olds. You can search for roles on their website.
- Try searching on social media. Many organisations will advertise their volunteering vacancies on their Facebook and Twitter channels.
- If you are a student, then visit your student union for help and advice on finding suitable volunteer roles.