1. More than 650 vulnerable people received intensive 1:1 support. Step Together clients are those at the margins of our communities. Isolated and disengaged from society, your support has meant we have been there to help them build a more positive future.
2. Our Reducing Re-offending programme expanded in London and Manchester. This year we were able to welcome two new members to our programme team - enabling us to help even more people break out of the cycle of criminality.
3. 100% of our clients reported positive outcomes from their volunteering experiences in an evaluation of our WIS programme. The most common outcomes were enjoyment, feeling of giving, increase in confidence, reduced isolation and greater feeling of being part of the community.
4. Volunteering directly led to employment for some clients. This was the case for Mike, who shared his storyof how with Step Together's support he was able to turn his life around and secure full time employment.
5. More disadvantaged young people took part in volunteering and social action - helping to prepare them for adulthood and employment, broadening horizons and building positive attitudes and aspirations. Thomas shared his journey from sleeping rough to achieving his 'Volunteer of the Month' award.
6. More than 250 different charities across the UK have been helped by Step Together volunteers. Our outreach workers take the time to get to know their clients needs and aspirations and to find volunteering roles within charities that are unique as they are. Well-matched placements help clients identify alternate futures and develop the skills and confidence to pursue new possibilities.
7. And finally... with your support we raised just over £2000 in our Christmas Appeal! Thank you!
So, we just wanted to say thank you and wish you a Happy New Year! Lets make 2017 even better!
"You've made me feel so excited about my future" - Step Together Client
If you would like to get more involved next year or have any fundraising ideas, we would love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected]